Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Home Improvement
To my thousands of loyal readers, I deeply apologize. Been a while since my last blog. I haven't been lazy. On the contrary, I have been flexing my non-existent muscles for a month now--sorting, gathering, packing, folding, lifting, pushing, pulling, shoving, cleaning, scrubbing, and then unpacking, unfolding, hanging, and then cleaning, scrubbing, gathering and sorting some more--as I finally bid goodbye to that tiny shoebox I called home for the past two years to move into Rein's and my new home in BF Homes, Parañaque.

It's been a herculean task, to be sure--a major development in our lives which, I hope, will prepare, teach and hone us further in our new lives as husband and wife. It hasn't been easy. We've had more tiffs and rows in this new house than I would care to count. But since we have claimed and declared that wonderful things will come from living here, I am confident that our best days are yet to come.

My entire focus this past month has been settling in and adjusting to our new environment and new schedules. Aside from keeping house and planning meals, I still have to accomplish writing jobs and attend rehearsals and do shows. Everything else has had to take a back seat. Gimmicks with friends, badminton games and other leisurely pursuits will have to wait for now. Rein has his high-pressure job and I am mostly just exhausted at the end of each day, which makes weekends sacred to us. Except for church meetings, Saturdays and Sundays are devoted to catching up, and sharing errands and housework. Oh, and the occasional dinner and movie "date", of course. Musn't neglect that part! As a result, I have missed important gatherings and even declined my very first nomination into the Trumpets board. And since I couldn't attend any of the Trumpets general assemblies, I lost my right to vote my for chosen candidates! Very, very frustrating turn of events, indeed.

But, at the end of the day, I am extremely grateful to Papa God for giving us this new home. There's nothing like waking up each morning knowing that you are the mistress of your own castle, and that every fork and chair and can of sardines is your very own; that the floor you sweep and the garbage you segregate are your own piles of dust and trash; that the plants you're watering were bought and arranged by your own two hands. I even toss and turn each night, wonderfully irritated by the noise being made by my own creaking door! Haha. The wind makes that door creak every ten seconds, and even makes it sound as if someone from outside is trying to get in--and it freaks me out like you can't imagine--but hey, at least its my own crazy door and my own nightly cause of insomnia!

I am grateful to be learning new things everday--things that I know are meant to teach us how to do this marriage-thing right. I'm pretty sure that once we've passed certain heavenly tests, we will be allowed to move on to the next level: parenthood!

It's all good.
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 2:18 PM | Permalink |


7 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Chrixean

    I declare Mrs. Tatlonghari --- a mommy -- soon! hehe.

    I'm super happy for all the recent developments in your married life. All the blessings will just keep on pouring this year, it's a promise! :-)

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger ribbiticus

    hey, congrats on the new home! so when will we be invited over? can't wait for the next turn of events...baby in a carriage soon? :)

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Unknown

    'dinner' and 'movie' dates? i'm sure you guys find time to do something a bit saucier than that? hehehe =p

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    uh...saucier? well, we do alternate washing the plates and saucers everyday... :P

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger rhapsody

    She's alive!!! hehehe... such wonderful news about the house. Can't wait to see it! It'll be nice to see the BF homes I used to know...

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Unknown

    hmmm, then as husband and wife, i suggest you wash those plates and saucers together...in the nude.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    Roneeeeeeey! Yes, I'm alive! And dreaming of flying off to HK for a weekend. Hope hope hope to soon!

    Joel...I...uh...I have no words...