Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Friday, January 13, 2006
Once On This Island
Finally! Just a few of our honeymoon pics in and around Puerta Princesa in Palawan. . .i don't think I've ever smiled such huge smiles in my life! Haha. . .ahhhh. . .God bless the givers of this overwhelming gift! My brother-in-law Tiny Defensor and his wife, my sister Patty. And God bless my 6630 camera fone!

Before anything else, let me just post this photo of an amazingly blessèd omen I saw in the sky before we left for Palawan. A rainbow---or as Peachy so aptly called it, "God's smile"---appeared for just a second, long enough for me to capture it on film, before it disappeared just as instantly as it came. It really felt as if God gave us a glimpse of his smile!


Off we go! Plane ride to paradise. . .


Upon arrival, Rein and I didn't realize we were considered "guests of the city", personal guests of the Mayor of Puerta Princesa, Edward S. Hagedorn, and so were duly astounded to be welcomed with shell leis bearing the city's insignia!


Our homey hotel, The Asturias, where we ordered room service till their pantry ran dry. . .



Settling into Room 108. . .


Touring the city's delights. . .if you like ferocious crocs, that is!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Found a personal little world of my own in the Butterfly Farm. As you can see from these pics, I never wanted to leave there! We walked through wall-to-wall foliage a-flutter with hundreds of my beautiful winged babies. Guests aren't allowed to touch the butterflies, but hey--they came to me!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, couldn't resist taking a shot of this sign at the entrance. First of all, they were asking us to pay full price because they thought we were foreigners! Or maybe they just wanted to make an extra buck, haha. Take note of the thoughtful consideration they give to fellow Pinoys. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ah, a husband after my own heart. Here's Rein studying butterfly eggs through a magnifying glass. Reminds me of my dad. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hey, you don't get to pick up a branch full of butterfly cocoons everyday! These babies will hatch incredible winged beings any day now. And to think they were once odd-looking caterpillars.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rein was having just as much fun as I was. Took this shot just as a beautiful red one alighted on his hand. As soon as I clicked, it was gone. But at least Rein's still there. Hehe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Do I look happy here, or do I look happy?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We really couldn't stay at the butterfly farm forever, so we went to Kalui's instead. Oh, what a place to have dinner! You leave your shoes at the foyer and walk barefoot on the cleanest bamboo floors I've ever felt under my feet towards the table of your choice. Well, naturally I chose a low table where we sat on pillows on the floor! The seafood was amazing, by the way.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The next few days were action-filled, to say the least. After more than 2 hours travelling on land, here were are finally on our way across the sea to an island cove where the famous Underground River is situated. Ahhh, it was all that it's touted to be and more.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Landing on the shores of the island. . .move over McArthur!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At the mouth of the subterranean cave. Inside, we made friends with thousands of bats and stalactite and stalagmite formations. Sorry, was too stunned to take any pictures. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Meet our lunchtime friend. He kept coming to our table hoping for a few scraps from our island feast.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our benefactor, the honorable Mayor Edward Hagedorn. Paid him a visit the next day at his office at the brand new Coliseum he had built. He took us to lunch at a great seafront restaurant.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Over lunch, he ordered his chief of police to arrange for us to go on a day tour of the famed Dos Palmas the next day. And here we are on our way to another island treat. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Welcome drinks at Dos Palmas! Did some snorkeling, played billiards and pingpong and just left the world behind for a while. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As if the spectacular lunch buffet wasn't enough, they even had our table especially reserved!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

More Dos Palmas moments. . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Spent our last day at home at the Asturias pool. Not a bad way to spend a honeymoon holiday!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

 
posted by The White Rabbit at 12:43 PM | Permalink |


7 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger ribbiticus

    what a great honeymoon! and to be guests of the famous mayor hagerdorn...wow! next time, peachy, annie, hail & i are coming, k? :)

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Chrixean

    These are AMAZING pictures, Jen! I must say I was confused for awhile when I saw the photos of the rooms by the pool. Looked so much like our place in Cebu! haha!

    Thanks so much for sharing those really great moments you and Rein spent in Palawan! You gave us a glimpse of a place that we have been longing to see :-) You and Rein looked so happy and relaxed! You should go there every month, haha!

    I loved also how you captioned each of the photos. Felt so much like we were a part of the trip. The underwater pic was my favorite. :-D

    Have a fantastic weekend!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    Oh yes, we're all going there together!!! THAT WILL BE THE BOMB! hahaha...by the way, my favorite was the entrance sign at the Butterfly Farm. You know, ALL establishments should give Pinoys a 50% discount..."for economic reason"! Haha...

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Johann

    awww.. wonderful pictures. makes me inggit that i want to go for a vacation! city life is boring me. hehe.

    cheers to the newly-weds!

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter

    That looks and sounds like a wonderful time. I am happy that you had a great time and a wonderful wedding. Congrats and I hope for many years of happiness.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Chrixean

    Ei... Just wanted you to know that I tagged you again
    :-P. It's on my blog. Answer when you're on a break from work, or something... :-D

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Mental note: Go to Palawan someday...