Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Tuesday, January 24, 2006
A Wicked Tag
Tagged by Unicorn Child. Yeah, I guess a tag-break is in order. Here goes...

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what did you think?
Except for the half moons under my eyes, not so bad.

2. How much cash do you have on you?
In my wallet, P320 (about $6); in my drawer, P1000 (about $19); scattered all around my room, oh, I'd say...P25 (about 51 cents) in coins! Wait, the pizza man's here. Make that $2.50 in my wallet! Sigh.

3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"?
JEST! Which I love to do. And while we're at it, NEST! Because my hubby and I are trying to put one of our very own together at the moment.

4. Favorite planet?
Still dear ole' Mother Earth. I am not terribly fond of cold, gaseous, lifeless entities---planets or otherwise.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
My good friend Mayen Cadd, nee Bustamante. She was trying to put together a surprise party for a friend of ours at the time.

6. What is your favorite ring on your phone?
"Penny Lane" by the Beatles.

7. What shirt are you wearing?
A midnight-blue spaghetti-strap vintage blouse with tiny white flower prints and a tiny white ribbon in front. The label says "BESS".

8. Do you "label" yourself?
Aside from "BESS", you mean? Hehe. Yeah sure, I call myself a "gypsy". A "freelance everything". A "theater person". A "nerd".

9. Name the brand of shoes you're currently wearing now:
I'm afraid I don't buy branded house slippers.

10. Bright or Dark Room?:
Lamplit.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Tops.

12. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Frolicking in dreamland.

13. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
"Ok will ask around". I had asked my godfather Tito Freddie if he knew anyone who could donate type O+ blood for a friend in need.

14. Where is your nearest 7-11?
The main road outside our village.

15. What's a saying(s) that you say a lot?
Gadzookas! Er, I mean, Godbless us...

16.Who told you they loved you last?
The love of my life...a.k.a., my husband

17. Last furry thing you touched?
Hmmm...I don't remember. I just threw away an old stuffed toy. Maybe that.

18. How many days of school did you miss this week?
In the School of Life...NONE. I'm never absent.

19. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?:
One. I actually still own an instamatic camera, unlike SOME people. Harumph.

20. Favorite age you have been so far?: 26

21. Your worst enemy? Time

22. What is your current desktop picture:
A candid wedding photo

23. What was the last thing you said to someone?:
Thanks! (to the pizza delivery man)

24. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, which would you choose?: The ability to fly! I've fantasized about being able to zip about like Peter Pan since I was a little kid. Besides, I'd use it to make a heck of a lot more than a million bucks!

25. Do you like someone?
Oh i like a lot of people. But if you mean, do I "like" someone...weheeell, Ah shore dew! I sorta "liked" him enough to marry him!

26. The last song you listened to?
See Her Smile, from Jonathan Larson's "Tick...Tick...Boom"

27. Carmen Electra or Pam Anderson?:
Carmen Elektra...she's just easier to look at.

Lemme see...who to tag...well, ok, in case you drop in--YOU're tagged: Rony, Andrei, Johann, Topper and Maita.

By the way, I made a new friend during my very recent corporate show. 20-year old Maita Ponce, who was my castmate and fellow-Ozian in our "Wicked" journey to Emerald City (see photos below). Although she is all sweetness and light (the genuine article!), Maita is nonetheless a feisty and extremely talented young lady. A budding visual artist, I am already very impressed with her work, a sample of which you can check out in her BLOG . A few tidbits about her: she's a consistent honor student, an art and theater aficionado, a very fast learner (she knew the choreography better than anybody during rehearsals), is a cheese lover, and can even play the piano by ear. Is there nothing this pretty young thing can't do?

Meanwhile, here's what we looked like that day--

Performed a song-and-dance number called "Ease On Down The Road" (which is not part of "Wicked" but comes from a very related show called "The Wiz") to open the show. Costumes are obviously less Ozian, but still very green...here are Caisa Borromeo, Maita, and their Ate Jennie! (My castmates are getting younger every year, oh dear.)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Having lunch at North Park (read: the north parking lot at the Westin Philippine Plaza Hotel) with the "Wicked" gang...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Goofing around at our Executive Suite before our makeup call...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Me in full Ozian regalia...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Maita in an Ozian pose...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Elphaba (Sweet Tiongson) and Glinda (Mayen Cadd)...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ze Wizard (Audie Gemora)...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ozian folks bidding everyone bye-di-bye...

Image hosting by Photobucket
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 7:45 PM | Permalink |


4 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger ribbiticus

    how very "wicked" you all look! haha! would have loved to see the show...:)

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger Chrixean

    Thanks so much for answering the tag, Jen! I must say, I enjoyed your answers. Hope it was a worth the break, hehe.

    Wonderful pictures and the colors of the costumes are so vibrant! Looks like you all had a fun time. Thanks for sharing the pics :-)

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Nice :) yeah, Maits is all that plus a lot of extra things i'm not allowed to mention. hehe.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    Awwww....I must say, its refreshing to see you SOOOOO happy these days, Joe! Hehe. You've got a gem there, no doubt about it.

    :-D