Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Surrey With The Fringe

Had a pretty good day today. Full, but good. It seems I'm back in the job market, because I was called to two interviews today.

Job Interview Number One was for a Senior Copy Editor position for an international trade journal. Sounds boring, I know, but....well, YA. It is pretty boring. BUT it pays well, and will require me to do a bit of travelling. Especially to China and other surrounding Asian regions that have a lot of global trade activity going on. Not a bad deal for something I can probably do with my eyes closed, right?

Uh...well.

So can you see me writing about things like how the recent quota cancellation ruling of the WTO is affecting China's competitive textile export industry in 2005? Or industry analysis reports on OEM/ODM connector supplier capability for major buyers such as Acer, 3M, HP and Motorola?

I thought so.

Onto Job Interview Number Two then. I'm apparently shortlisted for the position of PR Manager at a fast-rising and dynamic marketing communications company. Not to count unhatched chickens, but I think I have a really good chance to get this job. At the very top of the work experience section of my resume is the title "Marketing Communications Manager" for several companies I used to work for. I guess that counted for something. I even brought samples of my work, which, thanks to My Left Hand, Stages (thanks Oliver!), Buensalido, etc., made for a pretty impressive portfolio. And duly impressed they were. Instead of passing me on to the next level--which was another interview with a member of top management--the PR Director fast-tracked the process and endorsed me immediately to the panel of directors for the final assessment. He even said he was rooting for me, would you believe? I had to ask that the panel interview be moved to another day, however, because I had two rehearsals to attend this afternoon, and I was running terribly late for the first one.

Judging from how much longer the paragraph on interview number two is from interview number one, you can safely assume that the second job is what I'm considering as a real possibility for me. It's compatible with my skills and interests, and the best part-- they didn't even flinch when they looked at my desired salary. Haha. Great possibilities indeed. Now I just need to wait for that final interview to be scheduled.

Anyway, as soon as I got out of there, I went straight to my First Name rehearsal along Pasong Tamo Extension. In my rush to also get to the Avon rehearsal in Stages on time, I decided to just drop off the scripts and cds at the gate (for Junevee to pick up) and proceed to the Stages office right away.

Of course I get to Stages an hour and a half early. Don't tell Tito Freddie or Junevee! Sshhh...

In attendance at the Avon rehearsal: Rony, musical director; Cathy (Azanza), director; Tita Marivic (Mercado), project manager; Ramil and Bea, stage managers; and of course, Mayen, Sisa, Sam and myself as the cast.

Hilarious rehearsal. Why? Mayen plays Teodora Alonso. Sisa plays Gabriela Silang. I play Melchora Aquino. Nuf said.

All in all, it was a fun day, full of encouragement and validation (from the very positive interview results), as well as music and laughter (from the Avon rehearsal). Looking forward to another interesting day tomorrow.

PS. In between interview number one and interview number two, I had a nice lunch "break" with my good ole buddy Me-an, Citibank banker extraordinaire... There you go, Me-an. Couldn't sign off without mentioning you. Thanks for letting me hang-out in your office!

PPS. Reinier: Thanks honey, for your prayers....and for reminding me to eat lunch and take my vitamins today! Peachy: Thanks so much for your prayers, too!

PPPS. Can I really give up Melchora Aquino for a real career? Stay tuned…

 
posted by The White Rabbit at 1:07 AM | Permalink |


0 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You: