Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Sunny Day Keeping The Clouds Away

What's with me and Tagaytay lately? Exactly one week after the GlowFIVE gang's hilarious trip last week, I find myself taking another road trip to the same exact hotel. This was a Tito Freddie thing, however, which makes it a completely different experience altogether. Haha. First of all, right after our costume fitting (for our Camelot show in Kuala Lumpur) yesterday at his condo, I asked him what we were supposed to do for the Tagaytay seminar/workshop he was giving the next day. All I knew was, so far, was that I was going to assist him and that it might be similar to the corporate workshops we've given in the past. Basta he'll email me daw the instructions that night.

...of course, no email came. Next morning, I'm lying in bed wondering how and when I was getting to Tagaytay. I text Tito Freddie and he texts back-- call Jingay, you're riding with her. Oookeeiiii....gee, thanks for the info, one hour before we're scheduled to leave Manila! Haha. So typical Tito F.

Another thing was what to wear for the event, and what--if necessary-- to sing. Since I didn't receive instructions for either, I decided to bring a huge bag containing different blazers, shirts and accessories. Just in case. And I also brought along my walang kamatayang minus-one of Something's Coming, which I tried belting out this morning as preparation, because that's what I sang last time but hadn't sung in a while. Of course, when we got to Josephine's and had our briefing, I learned that I was only going to need one outfit althroughout, and that the new program didn't include the singing portion. Furthermore, Alvin and Mitch were going to join us! Of course, all this new info was wonderful news. It would have been nicer, though, to have been informed beforehand. That bag was really heavy, you know.

And so the event began. Tito Freddie launched into his stand-up act.....er, I meant motivational talk. Hehe. I must say, watching him work a crowd in his highly entertaining, inimitable manner is always a treat for me. Really, FEW people can do what he does. When he's in his element, he's amazing. The crowd lapped everything he said up.

Mitch and Alvin eventually arrived. We were called on stage to help him physically demonstrate his talk points. Later, we moved to another room where we conducted an "imagination" workshop. That part was both tiring and fun for all of us. The session ended with the entire Pioneer family forming a human airport terminal, complete with airplane and passengers. The workshop ended on a high note, and people later approached us to say how refreshing the activities were. Very different from anything they had ever experienced in past conventions and sales rallies. Well, that's Tito Freddie for you.

Ate two or three slices of apple strudel before going home. Rode with Jingay, whose car kept acting up althroughout the trip home. Finally had to make a pit stop at a Caltex station before Susana Heights to have the car looked at. After maybe an hour, they gave up. Good thing motoring back the rest of the way to Manila, although jerky and palya-palya, was largely uneventful and I got home safe and sound.

PS. The lunch at Josephine's was great, by the way. The location and layout of the entire resto, inside and outdoors, were amazing. The garden wedding set-up, including the parasol gardens area, was dreamy. I just had to get up and look around to take a closer look. It was perfect. And the view!!! Spectacular. Imagine treating your wedding guests to such a view. I asked for a brochure. A bit pricey, but hey-- why not indulge a fantasy or two? Oh, and Rein happened to be in the same restaurant, too! He came from Laguna Techno Park to show his new clients around, and brought them over to Josephine's for lunch. Nice touch to the day, since I'm not officially going to see him till Saturday (*sniff...*). All in all, it was another light, fun road trip day spent with good friends. Got paid for it, too! It's a good life.

 
posted by The White Rabbit at 8:41 PM | Permalink |


0 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You: