Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Tuesday, October 24, 2006
The Hills Are Alive
Jeopardy question: A beloved Rogers & Hammerstein musical to be staged by Repertory Philippines in which I will be playing the Baroness Elsa Schraeder for certain performances.

Answer: What is. . . .

You got it!

I know I said no to full-length productions this year, so I'm just as surprised as you are. I didn't even consider auditioning for this one. What I did want to do was to watch it several times just to see how the three different casts would tackle their beloved roles. But fate had other plans, and I am now going to end the year in the hills of Salzburg, Austria after all. Haha.

But what a fun cast: Menchu Yulo, Monique Wilson and Leisl Batucan (Cathy Azanza suddenly took ill) as Maria; Audie Gemora and Michael Williams as Captain Von Trapp; Cherie Gil and Rina Reyes as the Baroness; Miguel Faustmann and Bonggoy Manahan as Max Dettweiler; Nicole Yulo, Vanessa Paolelli and Crisel Consunji as Liezl; JM Rodriguez and Topper Fabregas as Rolf; Pinky Marquez as Mother Abbess, and a slew of other familiar Rep faces.

This is going to be my second production of Sound of Music, the first having been with the Company of Players some 8 years ago, in the role of cranky Sister Berthe. I get to do a very different role this time around, which is exciting. I was thrilled to discover that the Baroness actually sings two songs in the stage version!

And so, here goes....Confitemini!
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 7:45 AM | Permalink |


0 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You: