Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Tuesday, October 03, 2006
La Di Da
The catchy, hummable melodies. The clever rhymes. The counterpoints. The assigned lines and character entrances. Segment numbers like "The King & (lower case) i", and "O-klahoma!". My lifelong love and appreciation of Broadway songs can be traced....to David, Bob, Susan, Gordon, Maria, Luis, Mr. Hooper, and all the furry inhabitants of everyone's favorite street!


What's The Name Of That Song?
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 11:35 AM | Permalink |


6 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    my gosh! them sesame street folk sure were lean then. all of them, especially david, got really bloated later on - hehehe. sigh...those were definitely the best years for kids' tv. remember electric company, saturday fun machine and japanese anime like candy-candy and ron-ron? our parents never even though of child-locking their television sets...;)

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    The Great Space Coaster, Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Spaaaaaace Ghost!, The Wacky Races, Sigmund the Sea Monster, Blackstar, Super 6...I consider all these and more my yayas and first teachers growing up. If Sesame Street and Saturday Fun Machine were the modes of instruction in school back then, I would have looked forward to every class! Instead of constantly wishing for Signal #3 to hit. Hehe. What I know and how I think today, what makes me laugh, what makes me cry...I owe it all to these children's shows.

    Somehow, I don't think kids today will feel the same when they one day look back and remember Nickelodeon and its crappy Ren & Stimpy / Cow & Chicken -type shows...

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Unknown

    hahahaha. i love that song. what is the name of that song??

    i'm still trying to find Mario and the Magic Movie Machine...

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    Ei Joe! Come to think of it, the intro sounds suspiciously like "Nowadays" from Chicago... :D

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hahaha... I love that! They wrote the best songs in that show. Rubber Duckie, Sesame Street, Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood, Doing the eh-eh pigeon... Brilliancification!!!!

    guess who...
    I played with Chuck Norris because I'm sexy and I do what I want.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    hmmm...lemme see...you can't be my sister patty or my friend annie who share the same birthday...plus you played with chuck norris! hahaha...Ronification!!!

    or are you?