Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Tuesday, March 08, 2005
There's A Frog In My Blog!
Stole this from Pond Perspective. It's one of my all-time favorite things-- not among songs, mind you, but among all things on this good earth! Thanks Me-an, for reminding me of its existence! Before I was even aware of a world beyond the front gate of our old home in San Juan, this song already spoke to me. Even then I felt like a misfit. And this song encouraged me beyond words. I think one of the blessings of getting older is knowing, finally, and without a doubt, that it's the green in me that makes me unique and special. So thanks Kermie...and Jim...for helping millions of kids around the world and through the years understand.

"It's Not Easy Bein' Green" (lyrics by Joe Rapposo)

It's not that easy bein' green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold- or something much more colorful like that.
It's not easy bein' green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water- or stars in the sky...


But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree.
When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why?
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 9:55 PM | Permalink |


1 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You: