Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Monday, April 18, 2005
Note Another Word
As a small tribute to Sweet Plantado's (2nd) wedding to Bam Tiongson (fun party, guys!), as well as to dearest OST Central's impending departure, allow me to wax poetic on the one passion that binds me to them forever. . .

Music, the greatest good that mortals know. And all heaven we have below.
-Joseph Addison, Song for St. Cecilia's Day


And the night shall be filled with music
And the cares, that infest the day, shall fold their tents,
like the Arabs
And as silently steal away.
-Longfellow, The Day Is Done


Sweet sounds, oh, beautiful music do not cease
Reject me not into the world again
With you alone is excellence and peace,
Mankind made plausible, his purpose plain.
-Edna St. Vincent Millay, On Hearing A Symphony of
Beethoven


The man that hath no music in himself,
nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils.
-Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice


The music in my heart I bore, long after it was heard no more.
-Wordsworth, The Solitary Reaper
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 9:30 PM | Permalink |


0 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You: