Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Monday, March 28, 2005
Strawberry Filled Forever
Holidays are cruel. They give you a glimpse of utopia, how life should be, and then yank it right out from under you in a blink. As I write this, I am sadly concluding a beautiful Easter holiday spent with Rein. I am literally mourning the fact that it is over, and that we have to face the pressures of reality again. With no breaks in sight for at least another...nine months! Waaaaaaaa.

The way I'm going on about this holiday, you'd think we flew to Paris or Italy or something. Nope. Never left the city. Well, except for a brief morning drive to Los Baños in search of some chlorinated water which, upon finding that all of Metro Manila had frantically emptied itself into every resort in the area, thankfully ended in a drive back to the more subdued, pleasant ambience of the Bellevue pool. The freezing Bellevue pool. I may have caught a cold there, but we had a great time nevertheless.

The other three days were spent walking along the tree-lined avenues of Alabang Hills, playing basketball in their peach-colored court pavillions, watching silly reality shows on tv, visiting friends (loved the coffee jelly ice cream, Peachy!), eating as much as we could, and even taking in a movie or two. Oh, and did I mention eating? Oysters Rockefeller at Market! Market! Yummm.

Easter Sunday began with a sunrise service in church. A bit of a bummer to have to get up at 4am while you're on holiday, but hey--where would we be if Jesus decided to sleep in late on that fateful day, eh? Ha.)

Now I know we're supposed to keep the Sabbath day holy and everything by not working -- an Easter sabbath no less -- but I'm never one to turn my nose up at a blessing, no matter how small. And I know a blessing when I see one. Got a call from Tito Freddie to do a rush voice recording for an Ayala Mall production of Lilo & Stitch right after church. It was kinda short notice, and not on the holiday itinerary at all, and would have put a crimp on our last day plans, so Rein resisted a bit at first. Then just as I had decided a few extra bucks wasn't worth getting the hubby all grumpy, he suddenly turned around and let me have my way! So my poor honey dutifully sat through 2 hours of me, Jonard (Yanzon), Tito Freddie, and Motherduck (Laforteza) going all schitzo and voicing for all the characters in the show. Tito F even made him read for Lilo in rehearsal!!!! Oh dear. I eventually voiced Lilo and Nani in the recording, but I was proud of Rein nonetheless! Awwww....

Which brings me to this moment. I'm supposed to be getting ready for work, but I'm still at home in my jammies, eating last night's Hot Loops for breakfast. Strawberry Filled Forever. Maybe a sugar boost will help me jumpstart my otherwise slow-going morning.

So here goes...I'm already late for work. Might as well take in a post-long weekend nap...

I hate holidays.
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 7:34 AM | Permalink |


1 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Chrixean

    Hahaha, ok -- flashback to the fateful day when we visited the newly-opened Hot Loops (yun nga ba name ng store?)and discovered this interestingly-named doughnut! It made quite an impact on us, obviously. Now i can't seem to sing the song correctly anymore...:P
    Anyway, great entry! It mirrors my exact same feelings this morning. Holidays are really created to torture us, i just know it... Oh well, talk to you soon!