Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Saturday, January 06, 2007
We Three Kings
People kept greeting Rein and me "Happy Feast Day!" today. Geniuses that we are, we didn't catch on to the joke until much later on in the day. I had forgotten that today, the 6th of January, is the Feast of the Three Kings (or Magi) -- an odd holiday that is still apparently celebrated in certain regions of the world. Few people remember it here in our country. We nearly didn't. But now with my new surname attached to me forever, methinks I will never forget it again! Haha. To my foreign readers (all 2 million of you!), my Filipino married name just happens to translate exactly to "three kings" in English. Hence, all the fun and fuss I am enjoying this day.

In honor of this proud new tradition in my life, I searched high and low for interesting artworks that pay tribute to this resplendent and determined royal trio. I found quite a few. Enter my Three Kings gallery and let me share them with you.

Here's a sneak preview:

My personal favorite. . .so adorable!


This I absolutely love...isn't it beautiful?
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


4 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger LiberalArts

    Jen!

    I love Three Kings. Our tradition is to put out shoes outside our doors before sleeping and when we wake up the next morning....

    More surprise presents from the Three Kings!

    Nothing major, really. Just some nice stocking stuffers (literally)

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    Chari!

    Shoes! Haha. Well, i wouldn't mind waking up to find gold on my doorstep! (The frankincense and myrrh i can do without. Hehe)

    People have been neglecting this day then. My mother tells me that as a little girl, she looked forward to this day more than Dec. 25 because it was when she received her presents.

    I'm just glad I know a bit more about it now. Thanks! :-D

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger ribbiticus

    hey jen, you're kidding, right? we had the same tradition as chari. we'd leave a pair of shoes right beside the door with expectations of money and gifts to be found the day after from the three kings. ;)

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger The White Rabbit

    ei birthday girl! kidding about what? about not knowing much about 3 kings day? no, i'm not. of course, i know about it, but it's never been family tradition. my mom never passed it on, even if her family observed it way back in the day.