Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Mish Mash and Other Useless Meanderings
I have nothing of importance to say today. I'm tired and a bit grumpy. I had a total of three and a half meals today, if you want to count my 10am breakfast of Oishi Potato Crisps as a meal. So that would be the Jollibee Chicken Strips meal with Sarsi for lunch, my takeout breaded SpamJam with egg, garlic rice and iced tea for merienda, and Mitch's tasty California Maki sandwich and stale bottled water for dinner. You can tell I will make a fabulous
homemaker one day.

In between such momentous meals, I managed to finish and submit my fourth and second-to-the-last article for the "Footloose" press kit at home, preside over the initial meeting for the "Footloose" souvenir program (with Peachy, Michelle Tolentino, Julius Gomez, Fides Fernandez in attendance) at the Trumpets office, and finally, attend blocking rehearsals for Act I of "Footloose" at the Stand rehearsal hall, my home for the next 4 weeks. I suppose life revolves around you-know-what for the moment. I'm just glad that that bizarre Glaxo raket I just did for Stages is over and done with. I was beginning to think the concept of having only 24 hours in a day was a big, cosmic joke.

The truth is, all this frenetic scheduling of the next few weeks of my life is far more desirable than my recently concluded stint at that PR company I worked for the last four months. Some things are just not meant to be, I guess, like my brief but illicit affair with that office desk. You know how it is, the relationship makes you uncomfortable and unhappy, but you do it anyway. From day one, i knew it felt like I was betraying something. . .or someone. Now, looking back, I realize that it was ME! The whole exercise was against my very nature, the very fabric of my being!

But like a true adventurer, I don't regret the experience. I always learn something valuable about myself and about other people that no classroom will ever be able to provide. Plus, I know there's a reason I had to cross paths with those people I met over there. One day I'll know what it is.

Random Footloose Thoughts:
*Is it just me, or does Learning To Be Silent (Vi and Ethel's duet from "Footloose") sound uncannily like a Sondheim song?
*Is it also just me again, or did a tiny part of I Confess (Reverend Moore's soliloguy) remind me a bit of A Bit of Earth from "The Secret Garden"?
*Did you know that "Footloose" is loosely based (hehe) on a 1979 community crisis in a small Oklahoma town involving a highschool graduating class that wanted to organize a senior prom but couldn't? The main obstacle was a 200-year old town ordinance that prohibited dancing parties within city limits. Duh?
*Did you also know that Lori Singer, that lanky actress who played John Lithgow's daughter Ariel in the movie, was already 27 years old at the time? That made her just 9 years younger than Diane Weist, the actress playing her mother!
*But did you know that our show's very own Ariel, to be played by Iya Villania, is exactly 20 years younger than her "stage" mother, played by Agot Isidro-Sandejas? Don't get me wrong, though--Agot looks no older than 30 in person.

Like I said, I really don't have anything important to say today.
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 10:13 PM | Permalink |


1 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger rhapsody

    "A bit of urth..."

    "and I confess..."

    "love conqers all..."

    uh huh...

    Tha theeyaetah ees glad yoawe back...