Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Monday, June 27, 2005
Breadcrumb Beauties
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Exhibit A

Flashback to May 28. My Discovery Suites GC expires in 3 days and so I decide to invite Peachy to take part in my favorite pastime--spending the night in the comfort and luxury of a free deluxe suite of a nice hotel doing absolutely nothing. Well, not absolutely nothing. We were munching on some muffins from Delifrance (exhibit A) and scattering crumbs all over the nice, snuggly comforter while watching forgettable shows on cable or, as evidenced by above photo, posing for Peachy's camera (with timer, of course!). That's something, I guess.

If I remember correctly, I completely zonked out in the middle of a story Peachy was telling me (oops, sorry!) and when I woke up, my biggest dilemma was deciding whether to stay in bed longer or to try to make it to the breakfast buffet downstairs before it closed. It was a tough decision, believe me.

Seriously though, it has been a while since Peachy and I spent quality time (read: complete and total absence of worry and responsibility) together. The last time I stayed over was in the mid-90s, I think, before she got married. Cows, I believe, was the recurring theme of her room. There was also a computer, on which she had started to dabble in very basic graphic design. I was in between jobs. . .as usual. Haha. I don't even know if theater was already in my horizon by then. Gosh, that life is a zillion lightyears away.

Anyway, speaking of hotel suites, I spent almost an entire day today at Linden Suites (another memorable hotel--right, Rony?), room 2103. Facilitated a PR activity there for the 24 finalists of the CloseUp To Fame reality show. Got to know each of them a little better, especially Gino, the 22-year old new Stages discovery. Really nice kid-- I hope he makes it. Had to explain to him a little bit about the people managing him, though. The poor boy had absolutely no idea who Audie was! He was completely flabbergasted when I told him his manager and discoverer was not only a highly respected triple-threat musical theater star, but was even considered to be no less than the "king" of Philippine theater. Oh well, so much for fame.

Back to the present. I'm in my room in Capinpin. It's raining buckets outside, and Rein just hung up. I love the rain. . .from indoors, that is. The sound of its heavy drops pattering against my glass window is now lulling me to sleep. Goodnight world. . .

Bedside Reading: The Glass Menagerie
Bedside Snack: Ding Dong mixed nuts

 
posted by The White Rabbit at 8:58 PM | Permalink |


2 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Chrixean

    Ganda naman ng picture -- sino ba itong mga beauties na ito? Hehehe. Hey, i really enjoyed that day of R & R. When my "roller-coaster" phase is over (when-oh-when?), let's plan our bonding time ulit:) Dapat maulit muli....

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger rhapsody

    Yeah, Linden, Discovery, Vivere... and of course, Astoria... all hold very dear memories for me. *sigh* Hotels here are different, sosi na - Ritz Carlton, Peninsula... hay, I'll be broke forever... Miss you!