Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Friday, January 07, 2005
Incandescent
Sorry for the gloomy poem. It just happened upon me one not-so-fine day when I realized I wasn't going to be seeing my honey till the next weekend. Geesh. A few months ago, I would've been the first to haughtily trash the cavity-causing reason behind such glum sentiments. These days I can whip up a sappy rhyme in a blink if he just walks through my door! Ahhh...the mysteries of the heart...and the pen, indeed. At any rate, I tried to brighten up the mood by writing it in glowing yellow. I think I may have made a huge mistake in this aspect. Now my readers may need maximum-level UV-shielded goggles to read my blog. I do. And if you'll notice, the last three verses are much happier in tone. That's because hubby called to say he couldn't bear being away any longer either and was driving over the very next evening! See how a skipped heartbeat can influence the direction of one's writing! Haha.
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 12:21 AM | Permalink |


1 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You:


  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger rhapsody

    "There's no king when love is the thing
    We play the same rules
    In a heartbeat a wise man can be a fool
    There's no guarantee that love will be
    A stranger or a friend
    A prayer that's answered
    or a heartache that never ends

    Through the darkest hours
    when all is said and done
    It has the power,
    you go from lonely to the lucky one

    Love's funny that way
    No matter who you are
    It can shake your faith
    Or it can break your heart
    Once in a while the mountains move
    We all long for those days
    You live, you laugh, you say
    Love's funny that way

    Not long ago I got to know the lonley side
    Just me and my pain and nowhere to hide
    It amazes me
    How my world turned around
    If it's meant to be
    That's all that matters to me anyhow
    Best you leave it in love's hands"

    Everything about love can be summed up in two words:

    "Ah, love"

    Thanks for reading my blog jennie!