Year 2!
Daisypath Ticker

Thursday, January 06, 2005
Homesick
(written 9pm January 4, 2005)

A heavy cloud descends
As day darkens and ends
I walk with downcast eyes
As something in me dies

A joy, a gladness found
Is again lost and bound
In unshed tears that sting
As can only Absence bring

I am running on empty
Struggling to fight or flee
From a moment, a pang
Where my heart once sang

My door, once a happy sight
Will not be opening tonight
To see your welcome face
None there to fill your space

A Home you’ve come to be
Unknown before to me
Your eyes, your hands--
My heart’s own painted lands

Until I see your face
My heart cannot keep its pace
A listless beat, a fire doused
Oh how it longs to be roused!

But then how magically strange
How a mere moment can change
The course of a day or night
When the light of Home is in sight

A promise made, a promise kept
The end to hours of tears unwept
A key is turned, the door flung wide
My heart awakes at your dear stride

I hear within a silent song
Growing louder, rising strong
A gladness once lost and bound

In one look been forever found…
 
posted by The White Rabbit at 1:05 PM | Permalink |


0 Speak Up, I Can't Hear You: